Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Yellow Brick Road





Olivia, my beloved child is two. She is ferociously independent, sweet cuddly and very naughty. Okay naughty might be strong....we'll call her annoyingly 'busy'. Recently, Olivia and I went shoe shopping. Honestly, I attempt practicality on a regular basis. This being one of those instances I picked out a pair of practical brown stride rite shoes.......Olivia, being the free spirit that she is decided that she would prefer a pair of ruby red patent leather t-strap shoes......not practical unless your name is Dorothy and you're hiking down the flippin' yellow brick road.
She adamantly REFUSED to try on the brown shoes, but was very compliant in regard to the red ones....she even did a little dance in them in the middle of Macy's kids department.......everyone except me found it really cute.right.
Long story short. We left with the red shoes...and the brown ones, because I am still the Mother in some capacity...I think. My only consolation is that she loves these shoes. I have to hide them the night before if I have a different pair in mind. It's not strange around here to look up and see a wild haired 2 year old run by half naked less a pair of ruby red patent leather t-strap shoes..
Welcome to OZ.....Biatches

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home