Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Hickory Dickory Dock...someone's about to get clocked

As a stay at home Mom; I do not have to 'punch' a clock. If I am 'late' to work I will not be fired. I do not have to battle AM traffic. However this does not mean my time is any LESS valuable. I mean unlike a conventional job I can not 'Call in'...WHAT? I can not take a day off....I mean shit! I do not even clock out! I am on call 24/7/365...AND I do not get PAID!!! SO WHY? Why do people act as though MY time is not important? Phrases like, 'since you don't have anything going on,' and '..you don't work,' and my personal favorite'.....since you aren't working during the day..' WTF? I am up all through the night nursing a ravenous little boy, and my day starts at 7:30...sometimes 6 come hell or high water. And yet people act as if I am sitting on my ass eating bon bons all day. Those my ass may look as if it is filled with bon bons I assure you it is not nor have I had the luxury of sitting on it.....now I am off to attempt to wash my bon bon stuffed ass before the baby wakes up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home